Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Researcher /Senior Researcher
Drive innovation in PV power systems!
IFE is announcing an open position as a senior researcher in the Department of photovoltaic (PV) power systems. The right candidate has experience with PV, power electronics or power systems. He or she will work in an inspiring and expanding environment at IFE, in close collaboration with leading Norwegian and European companies and/or research institutions. Through our close collaboration with leading renewable power producers addressing both PV but also hydro and wind power, including battery storage, IFE has access to data from a range of utility scale PV power plants globally. The work will be performed in close collaboration with other departments at IFE, such as the Department of Energy System Analysis, Wind, Battery and Hydrogen.
The candidate should have education in physics, power electronics, computational physics, energy system analysis or similar, and preferably have relevant experience with PV systems. Competence in programming, especially Python, is also highly relevant. Further, we seek a candidate that can work independently but also participate actively in the group, has strong skills in English, and a positive attitude.
In this position, some travelling must be anticipated.
- Modeling of energy systems incorporating PV and energy storage
- Modeling of PV-based hybrid power plants
- Analysis of data from PV power plants
- Active collaboration with other departments at IFE, research partners and the industry
- Publication of research papers
- Communication and presentation of research results
- Project management
- Initiate and write project proposals
- PhD within physics, electrical engineering, or power electronics (or similar)
- Experience within Energy/power systems, including PV power plants.
- Experience from electrical engineering and planning
- Experience within publication of research papers
- Experience with programming in Phyton
- Proven ability to generate new projects
- Excellent oral and written English
- Fluency in oral and written Norwegian is preferable, but no prerequisite
- Ability to work interdisciplinary
- Systematic and quality conscious
- Self-driven with initiative
- Excellent collaborative and communicative skills
- Work in an industrial relevant and research-intensive environment with focus on innovation
- Access to relevant, high-quality data and research infrastructure
- Possibilities to design and pursue new research projects and research interests within PV power systems and hybrid energy systems
- An informal, positive working environment with friendly and knowledgeable colleagues
- Competitive salary according to agreement
- Flexible tasks and working hours
- Social benefits including pension, life insurance and accident insurance
We view diversity as a strength in our work. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion and ethnic background.
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.
Research for a better future
IFE conducts research for a better future. Since 1948, we have been a frontrunner in international energy research. We contribute to new solutions in renewable energy, petroleum and industry. We develop zero-emission transport solutions, digital systems and ground-breaking cancer medicine. IFE develops new solutions for the industry and public sector in over 30 countries. IFE is host to the international OECD NEA Halden Projects. We are about 650 employees and the annual turnover is about NOK 1 billion.
Read more about IFE at www.ife.no/en