Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Managing Director, Norway
You will lead our Norway Business!
Ramboll’s experts in Norway deliver solutions within Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. In Norway we are headquartered in Oslo and have a total of 12 offices with around 1,650 experts. In addition, Henning Larsen in Norway is part of the Ramboll Group delivering solutions within Architecture & Landscape and working closely with Ramboll Norway – One Company two Brands. We work in a matrix structure and key to success is collaboration across our Markets and bringing in relevant international expertise to win in Norway. The MD is instrumental in driving the collaboration and bringing the best to the clients.
As our new Managing Director for Ramboll in Norway, you will report to the Group COO responsible for Norway (Peter Heymann Andersen). The primary purpose of the MD’s position is to strategically develop and internationalise the business, continue the execution of the current Norway strategy and business plan as well as articulate and implement new strategies for profitable growth – i.e. provide comprehensive commercial strategic leadership to the organisation and achieve its objectives.
You must have a strong strategic perspective and understanding of both markets and client demands in Norway to be able to identify new opportunities (and risks) for the business; using this understanding to define where our focus should lie in the future. Part of your task is to continue to increase the use of Ramboll’s Global Engineering and Automation Centre in India to increase Ramboll’s profitability and resource flexibility, as well as increasing collaboration with business units outside of Norway.
Ramboll Norway is among the top-5 consultants with solid Ebita performance with limited growth. We aspire to move in position in Norway and to deliver a stronger margin in Norway the coming years.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Further profitable growth of Ramboll in Norway by setting and leading our strategic direction
- Establish strong relations with key stakeholders - both internal and external
- Continue and further develop the strategic development of Ramboll Norway in each relevant market / segment
- Further development of organisation, people and future talent
- Win in the market by bringing the right expertise and solutions to our clients
- Increase profitability through efficient use of resources locally and internationally, including increased global work-sharing with our engineering centre in India.
Your starting point for profitable growth
We will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Experienced strategic business leader, who understands commercial consulting / project business and organizational development
- Significant senior management experience with P/L responsibility preferably working towards the private and/or public sector
- A commercial mind-set and the ability to set direction as well as delivering agreed results
- Strong communicator and negotiator
- Strong on leadership, people mgt., engagement, and motivation
- High ethical standards and a value-driven management style
- Strong commercial toolbox and experience from similar position in a global environment
- Solid experience and successful track record - preferably from within the engineering / architecture / professional services environment
- Successful handling of multiple stakeholders
- Experience from working in a global matrix organisation
- A strategic & conceptual thinker who knows how to define, develop, and lead the implementation of business priorities aligned with global strategy.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: excellent communication, negotiation and liaison skills with the ability to translate complex issues into simple and clear directions both upwards and downwards in a logic and convincing manner, as well as the highest standards in terms of performance, integrity and ethics.
- Strong, robust and team-oriented personality used to working and navigating with multiple stakeholders internal / external
- A strong leader who naturally creates follow ship by winning people over through respect and leadership of the future
- Performance mindset
- International experience
- Ambitious – able to work under pressure
- Driven by the challenge and interest in sustainability – wants to make a difference
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
Why you should work at Ramboll?
- We are a value driven company: Ramboll is owned by the Ramboll Foundation whose purpose is to ensure long term sustainability and development of the Ramboll Group, enabling employees to experience an exciting and inspiring workplace with a long-term perspective.
- We invest in your development: we provide training and education that develops skills. For your long-term growth, our development dialogue program provides opportunities for you to shape the focus and pace of your career.
- Leaders you can count on: Our four Leadership Principles define what great leadership looks like in Ramboll: Be a Role Model, Create Stakeholder value, Shape the Future and Develop Bright Minds. Guided by these principles, our leaders enable you to deliver your best.
- Be valued for who you are: Ramboll respects, embraces, and invites diversity in all it’s forms. We are focused on creating an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, We provide on-going education for all employees on equality, diversity, and inclusion, and guide our people at all levels so they can be role models for inclusivity.
- Flexible work environment: We offer a flexible hybrid work environment to encourage and empower you to plan and shape your work, with each role and market having unique flexibility opportunities.
Ramboll in Norway
Ramboll is one of the largest engineering, design, and consultancy companies in Norway. At Ramboll, you can apply your professional passion to deliver world-class, innovative services within Sustainable Cities Development, Planning, Buildings, Railroads, Roads, Energy, Water and Environmental Consulting. Together, we strive to create the right solutions for our clients, always exploring and considering new concepts, methods, and technologies to deliver more value. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering company.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company. Working at one of our offices in 35 countries you will join 16,000 fellow bright minds in creating innovative and sustainable solutions within Buildings, Transport, Energy, Environment & Health, Architecture, Landscape & Urbanism, Water and Management Consulting. Combining local experience with global knowledge, we help shape the society of tomorrow.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role.
Rambøll er en global samfunnsrådgiver med eksperter innen bygg, arkitektur & plan, transport, vann, miljø & helse, energi, olje & gass og management consulting. I Norge er vi 1500 medarbeidere fordelt på 16 kontorer og internasjonalt har vi totalt 15 000 medarbeidere lokalisert i 35 land. Sammen med våre kunder søker Rambøll mot nye løsninger som balanserer menneskelige og kommersielle behov. Slik inspirer vi hverandre til å se forbi det åpenbare - hver dag!