Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Surveyor / Inspector
Empower your career with diverse projects!
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
DNV Inspection is a wholly owned subsidiary for Inspection services within DNV, experiencing high demand and holding a solid orderbook. Although the unit is relatively new, it is built up of a combination of very experienced inspectors and project managers and by utilizing the capabilities found in other DNV entities. The present job opening falls under DNV Inspection’s operating unit Northern Europe. We deliver services globally, mainly to the oil & gas industry, but are in the process of expanding to other areas. Building on the above and with full parent company backing we aim to set the industry standard within our strategic areas.
DNVs values are We Care, We Share, We Dare. We believe these are behaviors that will help us succeed in a market where new knowledge and new relationships forms the basis for tomorrow’s opportunities.
We are looking for surveyors / inspectors that are motivated to be a part of our successful team. The basis for performance of the services provided by this unit is multi-discipline and diverse knowledge within materials-, welding- and inspection technology. The successful candidates should preferably have good knowledge of within one or more of the following areas: welding, NDT techniques, coating, electro etc. It is also valuable to have knowledge of HSE, risk and quality processes.
We have a varied mix of projects, ranging from small projects of only a few days to large multi-million-dollar projects operating in several countries. Potential candidates should have some experience with inspection activities and preferably know the drivers in the Oil & Gas / Energy industry and be familiar with activities and processes related to manufacturing and fabrication of components and structures.
The ideal candidate is proactive, visible and thorough, and is good at prioritizing, especially towards clients.
The location of the position is flexible, with preferred locations being Stavanger, Trondheim, Bergen, Haugesund and Oslo. Other locations may also be considered.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Perform inspections, including review of documentation, and reporting
- Planning of activities
- Inspection co-ordination
- Client contact and follow-up
- Contribute to unit goals
- Contribute to lessons learned, sales etc.
What we offer
DEFAULT DEI STATEMENT: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- 5-10 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations
- One or more of the following:
- In-service inspector according to NS415-1
- Welding qualification according to IWI or equivalent
- NDT level 2 certificates according to ISO 9712 or equivalent
- Knowledge of coating processes/ FROSIO qualifications
- Manufacturing / fabrication knowledge and experience
- Fluency in English & Norwegian is required
- Good technical understanding
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Solution-oriented, structured, accurate and systematic
- Service-minded and proactive
- Strong customer centricity
- Strong communication skills and networking abilities
- Commitment to DNV’s values and expectations
What we offer:
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.