Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Structural Engineer in Maritime Advisory
What to expect as a graduate in the Structures section in Maritime Advisory?
You will be part of a mixed team of 19 talented engineers offering world class advisory services within structures for ships and the offshore industries.
The keyword for our section is FEM, finite element analysis, and we help our customers with the most difficult and non-standard deliveries in the industry - meaning our projects are unique and offer new learnings every time and throughout the career. Luckily, you will be teamed up with our experts which are behind DNVs rule development, who are leading international committees and having years of experience on software, tools, and simulations.
Starting your career in the Structure’s section will give a wide introduction to the field of maritime structures, but also a close collaboration with the experts within hydrodynamics, noise and vibration and life cycle management of Maritime Advisory. We also work across borders with units in China, Singapore, and Poland. This is a truly international and multidisciplinary environment which foster learning, collaboration, and knowledge sharing through challenging projects.
There is a large focus on continuous development and offering new digital solutions in the section, and we have fully digital services and our own in-house software as well as using leading industry tools such as DNVs Sesam package and the commercial finite element program Abaqus.
The structures section is the perfect place for young engineers to shape the future of their careers among experts and likeminded talents.
Our section offers a wide array of services to the maritime and offshore industries, such as:
- Structural condition assessment and (digital) monitoring
- Fatigue analyses from full stochastic to prescriptive (FLS)
- Extreme response covering buckling, collision, and extreme loading (ULS and ALS)
- Alternative fuels and containment systems for gas and emerging technologies such as liquid hydrogen and CO2 transport, including carbon capture and storage (CCS).
We have always been leaders within the technical discipline of structural analyses in the maritime and offshore industry, covering complex assets such as cruise ships, LNG carriers, FPSOs and wind turbine installation vessels (WTIV). In the last years we have been leading the development of digital twins for structural condition monitoring and offering fully digital online services to our customers. I believe we are one of the few workplaces where you can use and build on the exact knowledge from courses taught during your studies.
Who are we looking for?
We have described a typical candidate for the section below, but we are looking for even more diversity and want to shape the perfect team for the future. We expect you to be forward leaning, positive, and open for acquiring new skills and participating in helping the maritime industry get fit for future and increase the uptake of new solutions.
Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications preferred:
- We are looking for an Engineer; newly educated or some years of experience
- An academic degree corresponding to MSc or equivalent within naval architecture, marine structures, hydrodynamics, physics, mechanics, programming or similar. PhDs welcome to apply.
- Experience and passion for scripting and programming
- Good grades and interest for further development within finite element analysis discipline
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Analytical, solution-oriented, and digital mindset
- Curious and fast learner
- Creative and open for new ideas
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and produce results
- Team player, able to build good relations with the customer and network internally
Reasons to work with us:
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 6 weeks annual vacation, subsidised canteen, competitive pension, insurance, and parental leave agreement, in addition to a global profit share scheme.
- Work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours and workplace, with focus on work/life balance for our employees.
- Supportive and caring culture. Our international culture embodies diverse colleagues who value teamwork and inclusion across business areas and borders. We offer opportunities for our employees to connect through social and professional networks. Our largest community CONNECT, throws after-works and informal meetings all year long for you to join.
- Career and development. DNV offers extensive possibilities to grow and develop your competencies and career ambitions. We have a strong company culture with emphasis on growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and professional and personal development.
By joining DNV you become part of a world-leading company whose purpose is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. Our values “we care, we share, we dare” characterize how we work and behave towards each other and our customers.
Our Høvik office is located in beautiful surroundings by the sea and can offer access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts etc. We have more than 30 activity groups for you to join, as well as gym facilities and a kindergarten located on our premises. It is also worth noting that we offer free parking and shuttle buses to and from Skøyen, Lysaker and Sandvika.
Interested? How to apply:
To be considered for this role, please ensure that you upload your CV, application letter, and grade transcripts in our application tracking system (iCIMS). All documents should be in English, if possible. If you choose to apply for more than one role in DNV, please state your preference in the application letter.
Application deadline: 01.10.2023. We will evaluate your application after the deadline and thank you for your patience.
Any questions? Please contact Lars Holterud Aarsnes, on +4745021854.
We are ready to receive your application – so apply now!
Company & Business Area Description
Do you want to launch your career journey in Maritime Advisory - Structures? We are looking for Graduates to join our team in 2024!
With almost 12,500 employees operating in over 100 countries, DNV is a leading expert in risk management and assurance. By leveraging our extensive experience and knowledge, we drive safety and sustainable performance forward, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Maritime Advisory is a business unit in DNV supporting customers in the maritime industry globally in their efforts to make the right decisions to achieve sustainable operations and profitable results. The unit employs about 300 consultants and engineers.
DNV is now looking for young professionals who are ready to start their journey with us in August 2024.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.