Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Staff GPU Driver Applications Engineer
The Arm GPU processors are a range of optimized, ground-up designs for graphics and machine learning acceleration, targeting smart phones, DTV, automotive and adjacent markets. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU! The solution consists of innovative optimized fixed-function and programmable engines that provide best-in-class performance within a constrained power envelope.
We are a team of enthusiastic application engineers, who love the technology and are passionate to provide Silicon Partners with the best solutions. Our diverse team members work collaboratively to support customers in APAC, Europe and America across global timezones. Arm operates a hybrid and flexible working environment, where the office is a key location for team innovation. We have multiple GPU Driver AE roles and grades to suite candidates depending on their work experience, knowledge and skill levels.
With a growing industry interest across all markets, we are expanding our customer support capability through Arm’s Sales & Partner Enablement team (SPE). We are looking for mid-career skilled software engineer to join our impactful GPU support team working in an exciting and fast paced new field with customers. You will provide high-touch support to customers in adoption and integration of Arm’s GPU technology into their solutions and will engage with the GPU Technology teams to reflect customers’ voice into the Arm development work around GPU solutions.
The main objective of this leading AE role is to provide in-depth technical support to Arm GPU IP customers on software and firmware integration and optimization. We expect the candidates have strong analytic, debugging and communication skills to work independently and collaboratively with internal teams. You will be an expert on specific subjects or an experience generalist for GPU SW stack, who can solve customer raised issues and requests related to user applications, kernel APIs and firmware integrations or performance tunings for their SoCs with Arm GPU solutions. For some high-touch customer engagements, you may be required to have calls with customers or travel to work with customer onsite to find effective solutions. You will also be an Arm lead trainer and occasionally present the GPU SW courses to customers online or on-site. Additionally, you will help to create demos, training materials, application notes and multimedia content for customer education purposes.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunities to spend some time each year updating their technical product knowledge co-working with Arm’s IP design centres.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good university degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering; Post Graduate degree preferred. Other engineering or science subject graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
- Experience in GPU driver design, development, integration, debugging on Linux/Android is highly desired
- Experience in integrating CPU, GPU, or other SoC peripherals in silicon
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving and debug skills for embedded system
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Must be able to travel globally (if international travel is permitted and safe)
- Must have the desire and ability to solve problems quickly.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with both colleagues and customers.
- Must be proactive in obtaining engineering or management input, either Arm’s or the customer’s, to solve issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be enthusiastic and well driven.
- Must be able to schedule own workload, and plan tasks – based on both internal and customer requirements.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well within a multinational team, especially when under pressure. Excellent cultural awareness is essential.
- Must be willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of microprocessors
- Professional experience of customer and sales interaction
- A good understanding of the interaction between software and hardware
- Understanding of FPGA or ASIC implementation flows (synthesis, scan insertion, layout)
- C/C++, assembler coding or other programming skills.
- Knowledge of GPU or graphics processing system is preferred
All arm employees are provided with vital training to succeed in their respective roles. As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package including RSU, private medical insurance, sabbatical, supplementary pension, and wellness benefits.
You will be working with a bunch of hardworking and brilliant colleagues. At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to shape extraordinary.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. Within that framework, we empower groups and teams to determine their own particular hybrid working pattern, depending on the work and the team’s needs. Details of what this means for each role will be shared upon application. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution. Please talk to us to find out more about what this could look like for you.
Arm is defining the future of computing. A future built by one of the most successful technology ecosystems in the world. A future built on Arm. We fueled the smartphone revolution and now we’re redefining what’s possible in cloud computing, transforming the automotive industry, enabling a thriving IoT economy, and making the metaverse a reality.