Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Senior /Principal Power Systems Consultant
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About Energy Systems
We help customers navigate the complex transition to a decarbonized and more sustainable energy future. We do this by assuring that energy systems work safely and effectively, using solutions that are increasingly digital. We also help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry.
About the role
The Power Systems Planning department in DNV Energy Systems in the Northern Europe region is seeking a Senior or Principal Power System Planning Engineer/Consultant. The candidate shall be driven by the challenges of the energy transition and the future power grid, with experience in delivering services in the areas of power system planning and analysis, system studies, integration of renewable generation and future power systems concepts like energy storage, smart grid technologies, and modeling and control of HVDC/FACTS devices. Experience with RfG and grid code compliance simulations and testing, is also an advantage.
The department, consisting of 30-35 highly motivated engineers and consultants, supports transmission and distribution system operators, industrial clients, and renewable plant owners and developers with specialized and innovative consultancy services in the area of power systems.
You will be part of the Power System Planning (PSP) team of DNV Energy Systems in the Northern Europe region. Preferred location is DNV office in Arnhem, the Netherlands. Other offices: Stockholm, Malmo or Gothenburg in Sweden, Oslo in Norway, and Dresden or Berlin in Germany is also possible.
You will be involved in national and international projects, often cross-functional projects where we collaborate with other teams in DNV, and sometimes with external partners, within and beyond the borders of the Northern Europe region. As a Senior or Principal Engineer/Consultant, you will often take the role of Project Manager, or work as a technical expert in projects, delivering own technical work or coaching younger colleagues and reviewing their work. You will also interact with customers, help identify market opportunities, develop our existing services and establish new services.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performing modeling and analysis of the behavior of power systems and electricity grids, and various types of power system studies.
- Performing detailed analysis and investigations related to specific topics, such as:
- voltage control, frequency control and grid stability
- grid integration of renewables, storage and electric vehicles energy efficiency, reliability, and power quality
- fault clearance, protection, and control
- grid integration of power electronics (e.g. HVDC, FACTS, inverters)
- grid code compliance simulations
- Performing site visits, test witnessing and practical validation of studies.
- Taking the lead in project and proposal work, as project/bid manager or as a technical lead
- Preparing, reviewing or in other ways contributing to high-quality technical reports and commercial proposals.
- Reporting the findings of your and your team’s work in high-quality presentations for customers and colleagues.
What we offer
By joining DNV you can expect:
- A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment, as part of a world-leading company with a global reach and more than 12 000 employees around to world.
- The opportunity to make a difference by actively contributing to shaping the energy transition.
- Possibility to work on energy transition with large customers, including work with grid operators
- Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues who value teamwork and support.
- Flexible working hours and workplace (at least half of the time in the office) and focus on work/life balance.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth: based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your personal development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
- Attractive benefits package depending on the location you work in
As a successful candidate you bring in:
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, preferably with specialization in Power Systems and multiple years of relevant experience, or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of core technical areas (Protection and Control, Power System Studies, Grid Integration of Renewables and Storage, Testing & Modelling of Production Units, Grid Code Compliance)
- Great experience with modeling and simulation of electrical components and networks with tools such as PowerFactory, PSS/E, PSCAD, ETAP, or similar
- Verbal and written communication skills in English (Dutch is also an advantage)
- Interest and proven ability in leading projects and interacting with customers. Ability to organize project work, support your project team to deliver, and create a good team spirit.
- Openness to travel
- Structured way of working with high precision.
- High level of creativity, flexibility and initiative.
- Customer focus, ability to make new contacts and maintain professional relationships internally and externally
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.