Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Senior /Principal Consultant
- Renewable Energy Advisory, Floating Offshore Wind
Are you passionate about the offshore floating wind industry? Do you want to apply your offshore wind expertise to solve complex technical and commercial issues together with our customers who are shaping the energy transition?
We are looking for a Senior or Principal Consultant to join the Nordics offshore wind team in our Department for Project Development and Project Engineering (PD&PE) with a primary focus on the floating wind market. You will be part of an international team of advisors involved in offshore wind projects related to planning, development, construction, and operation phases of wind farm projects. Projects vary across services such as technical and/or commercial studies, Technical Due Diligences, benchmarking and qualification of new technologies. With an independent and pro-active attitude, you demonstrate strong initiative, an analytical approach and the ability to make efficient technical and commercial judgments. You thrive with high-paced project work, and cope efficiently with a wide variety of tasks.
You will ideally be based in Oslo (Stockholm, Copenhagen/Aarhus, or Helsinki also considered), although you will have extensive contact with colleagues across DNV, as projects are often staffed with multi-disciplinary experts in the company, but also other regional floating wind teams. Your projects will be focused on, but not limited to, floating wind, but will likely also include other renewables such as bottom-fixed offshore wind, floating solar, wave power and integrated energy systems.
Key tasks and deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customers with technical support related to planning and development of wind farm concepts and projects
- Discuss and resolve technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors and support customers through the financial closings of projects and through the construction phase (technical due diligence services)
- Perform market studies, cost studies and technical assessments
- Customer contact and project management, including managing complex, technical projects from inception through to completion
- Participate in business development activities. Build relationships and manage interfaces with external clients, initiate Joint Industry Projects contributing to drive the floating wind industry forward
- Draw on the full breadth of the in-depth knowledge in DNV expert teams to deliver on customer needs
- MSc degree in a relevant engineering field is required. Subjects related to floating wind, renewable energy, offshore and/or maritime industry are an advantage
- Several years of experience relevant to the floating wind industry
- Knowledge of international rules and standards for floating offshore wind support structures is an advantage
- Competence in one or more of the disciplines within structural design, mooring design, hydrodynamic analysis, or marine operations is an advantage
- Advanced English skills. Excellent ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English
- Knowledge of the Scandinavian language skills will be an advantage.
- Key competencies and personal attributes
- Customer-centric mindset and strong presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written), able to work effectively within a consultancy environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to co-operate well with others; shares knowledge, experience, and information; and supports others in pursuit of team goals.
- Good mentoring abilities, supporting less experienced team members to grow in expertise and technical skills.
What will we offer you?
- BE CHALLENGED: We work with an incredible list of customers, enabling us to support and lead development in many industries. Whether we work with renowned companies, innovative start-ups, or joint industry projects, you will get a chance to utilize your expertise together with other specialists from a wide range of disciplines and gain unique cross-industry insights.
- MAKE AN IMPACT: Joining us is an opportunity to make the world a better place. Employees in DNV feel strongly about our company’s Purpose to "safeguard life, property and the environment”. This is our reason for being since our foundation in 1864. Our Vision to be “a trusted voice to tackle global transformations”, gives us a clear direction and expresses what we want to accomplish in the long term.
- BE INSPIRED AND ENRICHED: We care. We dare. We share. These are the three core values and beliefs that shape our performance; We care for each other, our customers, and our planet, and we take care of ourselves. We dare to explore, experiment, be different, and be courageous, curious, and creative. We share our experience and knowledge. We collaborate with each other and our customers. We support social, sports, and team-building activities. As a result, we continue to thrive and grow.
- Receive an attractive total compensation package, including generous annual leave
- Get secured for the future with our pension scheme, profit share, and health care programs.
- Enjoy the flexibility to fit your work with your lifestyle and achieve a good work/life balance.
- Be part of an atmosphere of highly professional, engaged, and knowledgeable people.
- Receive guidance from colleagues through coaching, mentoring, and participating in networks.
- Advance your expertise, through competence development plans and tailored training.
- Join a renowned organization with origins dating back to 1864 and a growing and diverse network with 130 nationalities in 100 countries.
DNV’s Høvik office is located in a parkland area by the sea and offers access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts, etc. We have more than 30 activity groups, as well as gym facilities and a kindergarten (“Barnehage”) located on our premises. There is also free parking and shuttle buses to and from Skøyen, Lysaker, and Sandvika. There are also several company cabins in attractive skiing locations, including Geilo, Hemsedal, Ål, and Beitostølen for exclusive employee use.
For more information please contact Marte Midtsund, Head of the Department for Project Development and Project Engineering: +47 47329082, or Elisabeth Clemens, Head of Nordics Section, in the Department for Project Development and Project Engineering: +47 90230450.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.