Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Senior HSE Advisor
Do you want to make a difference in Health and Safety, in one of the world's largest building materials companies?
In this role you will be part of the Northern Europe regional team, leading and coordinating the health and safety activities, as well as active support toward successful implementation and diligent adherence to standards within the organization. Key responsibilities will encompass proactive coordination, guidance and training in the organization related to comprehensive guidelines, procedures, and requirements based on both corporate standards and internationally/locally recognized standards and legislation.
You will be involved in conducting training sessions for supervisors and managers to enhance their understanding of HSE principles and practices. Also, administering an e-learning portal for North Europe, overseeing HSE training courses and ensuring effective collaboration with operational units and their HSE personnel. Additionally, you will conduct improvement visits to assess operational performance in the sites aiming toward procedure compliance, identifying areas for improvement, and provide recommendations to mitigate potential risks. In collaboration with a team of dedicated HSE professionals, you will work together to coordinate and follow up on various actions and improvements related to health and safety aspects.
The role requires you to stay updated on the latest safety standards in different cultures and environments, adapting measures accordingly and ensuring the organization remains compliant and proactive in addressing emerging challenges. Preferably, you possess experience from large, international environments and can take independent responsibility for your own tasks.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Active support and guidance in Health and Safety activities and standards to ensure implementation and compliance
- Collaboration with Management and local HSE personnel to support the entire organization.
- Development of guidelines, procedures, and best practice based on corporate , ISO and regional standards.
- Through a superuser role in the corporate incident handling system provide reports, analysis and support for further managerial handling
- Deliver direct services, including training for supervisors and conducting improvement visits to assess operations and provide recommendations for improvement
- Further contributing in the e-learning portal for Northern Europe comprising HSE training courses to own employees as well as contractors.
- Stay updated on safety standards
- Support and/or take lead in investigations for certain incidents
- Support Risk and Vulnerability processes
- Relevant degree in such as Occupational Health and Safety, Technical/ Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant working experience, including leadership experience from similar positions or fields
- Strong HSE competency and familiarity with industries such as oil, construction or infrastructure
- Experience in developing and implementing training courses and applying databases/systems for HSE management
- Fluent in oral and written English, in addition to a Scandinavian language
We believe this is you:
- Committed to practicing good leadership
- Results-oriented with a focus on reducing incident rates
- Energetic and “hands-on” with the ability to work independently and effectively
- Excellent communication and interactional skills
- Enjoys being involved and has the ability to adapt to different tasks
- Excited about working in a global environment
We can offer:
- Competitive terms and leading pension and insurance schemes
- Challenging and interesting work which impact the core of our business
- Career opportunities in a global company
- International and dynamic environment
- Proper emphasis on work-life balance
- A pleasant and social working environment
- Internal development and networking programs
- Flexible workplace according to company policy
You will report to the H&S Director for HeidelbergMaterial Northern Europe, situated in Lysaker Norway.
Application deadline: Soonest. Applications are continuously reviewed.
Heidelberg Materials is one of the world’s largest building materials companies and operates on five continents. Our products are used for the construction of houses, infrastructure, and commercial and industrial facilities, thus meeting the demands of a growing world population for housing, mobility, and economic development.
Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, and asphalt. Furthermore, Heidelberg Materials offers services such as worldwide trading in cement and coal by sea. In total, the Group employs 51,000 people at around 2,700 locations on five continents.
Heidelberg Materials is taking active steps towards a more environmentally friendly footprint for its activities, which you can read more about . HM has operations in 60 countries and a turnover in 2022 of more than 21 billion €.
Heidelberg Materials Northern Europe is a business unit within the HM Group with operations in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Iceland. HM Northern Europes combined turnover was approximately 1.87 billion € in 2021, and our headquarters are located in Oslo and Stockholm. As of May 2023 HM Northern Europe has 4494 colleagues in the region.