Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Senior High Voltage Electrical Engineer
Be a Part of our International Team!
We are looking for a pro-active and ambitious Senior Electrical Engineer / Consultant who supports our customers in Germany as well as world-wide with securing and improving the affordability, sustainability and reliability of their high and medium voltage electricity transmission and distribution infrastructure.
You will be part of the Transmission & Distribution Technology (TDT) team in our Dresden office.
The diverse TDT team includes 90 professionals (a mix of PhD, MSc and BSc level) with different backgrounds and from various cultures located in Dresden and Arnhem, The Netherlands. Together we deliver specialized and innovative consultancy services to our customers, which are mainly transmission and distribution system operators, power utilities and industries.
You will be involved in German as well as international projects where you will also collaborate in and with other teams within DNV, which are for example focused on substation projects, asset management or renewable energy.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You will perform engineering and advising tasks and give advice to our customers related to high and medium voltage electricity Transmission & Distribution (T&D) infrastructure
- You will also perform electrical design of HVAC/HVDC systems, substations, cables and interconnectors
Next to that, you will:
- Manage of client projects incl. quality assurance and control (QA/QC)
- Develop, process and review of technical documentations, layouts, designs, specifications and tender documents
- Evaluate the condition of substations, cables and overhead lines and their components
- Execute or witness commissioning tests such as factory- or site acceptance tests (FAT/SAT)
- Write (or contribute to) clear and high-quality reports
- Identify market opportunities and develop our service portfolio / roadmap
- Consult clients on regulatory and environmental developments (i. e. energy transition and expansion of renewable energies) as well as implications on investment strategy and technology
- Transfer of knowledge to colleagues
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree in electrical engineering from university or similar education
- Advanced knowledge and professional experience with electrical systems in energy industry
- Pronounced ability for advising and networking, together with clear client focus
- High interest in project management and consulting of clients
- Good communication skills English and German preferred
Besides the qualifications, you have following key competencies, skills and personal attributes
- Reliability, technical competence and distinct team ability
- Structured working approach with good organizational and time management skills
- High level of flexibility, creativity and initiative
- Awareness for Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE)
- Knowledge in MS Office and MS Project
- Knowledge in CAD, RUPLAN, Engineering Base or similar software tools advantageous
- Basic knowledge in calculation of electrical components and systems for distribution and transmission grids (AC & DC, onshore, offshore) as well as industrial grids is a plus
- Basic overview on regulations and standards for power systems beneficial
What we're offering:
A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment. Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues and plenty of opportunities for personal growth. Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits.
Based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
You will be given the opportunity to grow to a (senior) consulting role where you sell, lead and execute projects in order to help clients realize the stated project goals and deliverables. Or you develop yourself as a senior technology expert being seen as an international authority in your working field.
If you are interested in this position, please apply, and upload the resume and cover letter in English language. Please be informed that you may be requested to provide DNV additional documents for a background check.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
DNV Energy Systems delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids and sustainable energy use as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.