Senior Approval Engineer
Set Sail for Success - Join Our Team
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
We help enhance the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of our customers in the global shipping industry, covering all vessel types and mobile offshore units. As a partner to industry, we offer services in testing, certification, training, and technical advisory through the energy value chain. That means we’re continually investing heavily into R&D for new services and solutions while proactively assessing what the industry needs today and tomorrow.
About the role
Are you ready for a challenging position while at the same time working for a great purpose?
We are now looking for engineers to strengthen our Control System section in Norway or in Poland. You will be part of an engaged group driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support our customers through consistent delivery of high-quality services.
The Approval Centre Europe (M-SA) within Maritime Ship Classification consists of six production departments, located across three different locations (Gdynia, Hamburg and Oslo (Høvik)). The main delivery from the Approval organization is approval, verification and certification services for different maritime related assets in accordance with our rules.
As a member of M-SA, you act in a professional, competent, and service oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
The right candidates share our values; we care, we dare, we share. If you have the right competence and are interested in being part of a strong, competent team in a pleasant working environment, we will encourage you to submit an application.
In the positions you will:
- Perform assessment and approval of control systems for ship and offshore newbuilding and conversion projects
- Attend testing and perform design approval for type approval of systems and components according to DNV rules
- Support to fleet in service as second line support
- Be part of the section responsible for driving the development of new class rules, internal and external guidelines and services within the technical area, including data driven- and software verification.
- Provides expert knowledge to DNV’s local stations, sales force and business development leaders
- Participate in face-to-face meetings and workshops with customers
- Perform survey on ships and in manufacturers premises
Both positions report to Head of Section for Control Systems section.
Some travelling must be expected.
What we offer
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, pension benefits and profit share.
- A meaningful job with one of Europe’s most attractive employers.
- Develop your work experience, perspective, and network.
- Tailor made training and courses with opportunities for own development.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
- You are a self-driven team player passionate about solving challenges and creating results.
- Your background will typically be bachelor/master in cybernetics, automation and/or computer science
- 2-5 years of experience with automation systems and field instrumentation
- In addition, background from the maritime or offshore/energy industry is preferable
- Ability to build trust, confidence and respect
- Flexible, service-minded and with a positive attitude
- Honest, open, and committed to DNV’s purpose, visions and values
- Good communication skills in English, verbally and in writing
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.