Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Researcher within Nuclear Propulsion
Make a Difference in the Energy Transition!
Nuclear energy is a safe and low-carbon source of energy that has been used for many decades on military vessels. As such, it represents one possible path to decarbonize the hard-to-abate maritime industry, although today its future role is still unclear.
We are looking for a highly motivated, positive, and visionary individual that enjoy working in a team to research the impact of nuclear technology on the maritime industry.
Would you like to join our international and diverse team, working on cutting-edge research projects within maritime decarbonization?
Policy developments and stakeholders’ engagement over the next decades will drive shipowners to identify, evaluate, and use technologies, fuels, and solutions that help decarbonize ships, cut energy consumption, and meet other environmental requirements. Decarbonizing shipping will, in addition to greater energy efficiency and improved logistics, require new fuels.
However, the pathways to a decarbonized future for maritime are not fully laid out yet, and there are several scenarios and pre-conditions that can take the development in different directions. We in DNV aim to be a trusted voice to tackle the energy transition within maritime and we need exceptional people to join us on our journey.
The primary task of the hired researcher will be to understand the future of nuclear energy, mainly in maritime propulsion, but also on land, and to help prepare DNV for a future assurance role related to nuclear propulsion and power.
We believe that this can be done by carrying out the following tasks:
- Maintain and grow a professional network both internally in DNV and globally with partners from academia and industry.
- Together with these partners, initiate and engage in research projects to build knowledge, competence, and insights into the cost, benefits, and risks of nuclear technology.
- In addition, give input and lay the foundation for the development of new standards and services.
- Sharing of knowledge through writing and contribution on papers, reports, and forecasts, and sharing the learnings broadly.
- Relevant science or engineering degree (PhD/MSc level) within a natural science field (e.g., physics), or experience as an engineer on a nuclear-powered ship or at a nuclear reactor.
- We are looking for a senior professional with an already established network (both industrial and academic) within the field of nuclear energy, which the candidate will need to engage with daily.
- The candidate should have a good overview of the state-of-the-art on nuclear technology and understand the safety and risk elements within the different technologies.
- We are looking for a good communicator that can translate complex problems and concepts and make them understandable to a range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Competencies within programming; simulation and the maritime industry as a whole, are traits considered “nice to have”.
We believe that this can only be achieved if the candidate has enthusiasm, passion, and a drive for the energy transition and decarbonization of our industries.
Reasons to join us:
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 6 weeks annual vacation, subsidized canteen, competitive pension, insurance, and parental leave agreement, in addition to a global profit share scheme.
- Work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours and workplace, with a focus on work/life balance for our employees.
- Supportive and caring culture. Our international culture embodies diverse colleagues who value teamwork and inclusion across business areas and borders. We offer opportunities for our employees to connect through social and professional networks. Our largest community CONNECT, throws after-works and informal meetings all year long for you to join.
- Career and development. DNV offers extensive possibilities to grow and develop your competencies and career ambitions. We have a strong company culture with an emphasis on a growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and professional and personal development.
By joining DNV you become part of a world-leading company whose purpose is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. Our values “we care, we share, we dare” characterize how we work and behave towards each other and our customers.
Our Høvik office is in beautiful surroundings by the sea and can offer access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts etc. We have more than 30 activity groups for you to join, as well as gym facilities and a kindergarten located on our premises. It is also worth noting that we offer free parking and shuttle buses to and from Skøyen, Lysaker, and Sandvika.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is an independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise, we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Whether assessing a new ship design, optimizing the performance of a wind farm, analyzing sensor data from a gas pipeline, or certifying a food company’s supply chain, we enable our customers and their stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence.
Our employees are driven by a common purpose: to safeguard life, property, and the environment. We help tackle the challenges and global transformations facing our customers and the world today, and we are a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful and forward-thinking companies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.