Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Power Systems Planning Consultant
Join us in transforming energy landscapes!
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About Energy Systems
We help customers navigate the complex transition to a decarbonized and more sustainable energy future. We do this by assuring that energy systems work safely and effectively, using solutions that are increasingly digital. We also help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry.
About the role
You will be part of the Power System Planning (PSP) team of DNV Energy Systems in the Northern Europe region. Possible locations are DNV offices in Arnhem, the Netherlands, Stockholm, Malmo or Gothenburg in Sweden, Oslo in Norway, and Dresden or Berlin in Germany. You will be involved in national and international projects, often cross-functional projects where we collaborate with other teams in DNV, and sometimes with external partners, within and beyond the borders of the Northern Europe region.
As an engineer/consultant within our team, you will work as a technical expert in projects, leading and delivering technical assignments, reviewing others’ and third party works, work in customer project teams. You can also support business development by preparing high quality proposals, interacting, and participating in meetings with customers, helping identifying market opportunities and supporting our key account & business development managers. Developing and working towards taking the role of Project Manager in small projects can also be expected.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Perform modeling and analysis of the behavior of electrical grids, and various types of power system studies.
- Perform detailed analysis and investigations related to specific topics, such as:
- grid integration of renewable energy sources, storage and electric vehicles energy efficiency, reliability, and power quality,
- grid integration of power electronics (e.g. HVDC, FACTS, inverters)
- grid code compliance simulations
- voltage control, frequency control and grid stability
- fault clearance, protection, and control
- Perform site visits, test witnessing and practical validation of studies.
- Contribute to high-quality technical reports and commercial proposals.
What we offer
- A challenging and varied job in a dynamic and international environment, as part of a world-leading company with a global reach and more than 12 000 employees around the world.
- The opportunity to make a difference by actively contributing to shaping the energy transition.
- Being part of a professional team of committed colleagues who value teamwork and support.
- Flexible working hours and workplace (at least half of the time in the office based on current policies) and focus on work/life balance.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth: based on your experience, we will create a plan together with you for your personal development for the next few years. We will do this through our 70-20-10 philosophy: 70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training.
In order to be successful in this role, you need the following qualities:
- MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, preferably with specialization in Power Systems Analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of core technical areas (Power System Studies, Grid Integration of Renewables and Storage, Testing & Modelling of Production Units, Grid Code Compliance, Protection and Control)
- Experience with modeling and simulation of electrical components and networks with tools such as PSS®E, PowerFactory, PSCAD, ETAP, or similar
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably also Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian or German language (depending on the preferred location)
- Interest and ability in interacting with customers. Ability to organize project work, deliver, and create a good team spirit.
- Openness to travel.
- Structured way of working with high precision and multitasking ability.
- High level of creativity, flexibility and initiative.
- Customer focus, ability to make new contacts and maintain professional relationships internally and externally.
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.