Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Ocean industry researcher
Unlocking the potential of the ocean economy!
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you have a passion for the growth prospects of the Ocean economy, its capacity for future value creation and innovation, and its role in addressing global challenges? Would you like to influence and take part in DNVs research and innovation efforts towards shaping a sustainable future for the ocean space and successful co-existence among ocean industries?
We are strengthening the Ocean Space research team and seek a highly motivated Ocean industry researcher.
The successful candidate is a systems thinker with a holistic understanding of the ocean economy, with experience from sectors like seafood, offshore energy, and shipping, and will have a key role in developing, extending, and improving our ocean space research, modelling, and outreach.
You will be part of the Ocean Space Programme in Group Research and Development (GRD), a multidisciplinary research team that works across several business areas and research programs in DNV to bring new insight and services to DNVs ocean related activities and customers.
- Undertake relevant research on existing and emerging ocean value chains, providing input and knowledge to our research projects, including drivers of demand for ocean goods and services, ocean technology, economics and policy.
- Work as part of the Ocean Space research programme, to further develop our system dynamics simulation models addressing the ocean economy and co-existence between ocean stakeholders.
- Contribute to identifying new research ideas and defining new projects.
- Process and visualize large datasets for input and output data.
- Contribute to writing DNV reports and position papers.
- Present the results in business settings for DNV and other stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 6 weeks annual vacation, subsidised canteen, competitive pension, insurance, and parental leave agreement, in addition to a global profit share scheme.
- Work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours and workplace, with focus on work/life balance for our employees.
- Supportive and caring culture. Our international culture embodies diverse colleagues who value teamwork and inclusion across business areas and borders. We offer opportunities for our employees to connect through social and professional networks. Our largest community CONNECT, throws after-works and informal meetings all year long for you to join.
- Career and development. DNV offers extensive possibilities to grow and develop your competencies and career ambitions. We have a strong company culture with emphasis on growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and professional and personal development.
- By joining DNV you become part of a world-leading company whose purpose is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. Our values “we care, we share, we dare” characterize how we work and behave towards each other and our customers.
- Our Høvik office is in beautiful surroundings by the sea and can offer access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts etc. We have more than 30 activity groups for you to join, as well as gym facilities and a kindergarten located on our premises. It is also worth noting that we offer free parking and shuttle buses to and from Skøyen, Lysaker and Sandvika.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
- A master’s degree or a Ph.D. in engineering, economics, or mathematics (preferably within system dynamics, marine technology, systems/industrial engineering, or industrial economics), or a related field with relevance for the ocean space.
- Relevant experience in seafood, offshore energy, maritime, or marine policy is an advantage.
- Quantitative skills including the ability to handle large datasets. Knowledge of Python or R for scripting is an advantage.
- Experience in system modelling, e.g. system dynamics. Knowledge of STELLA or similar system dynamics software is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English capabilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and appreciation for working in an international environment.
- Willingness to relocate to the Oslo area (if relevant).
- Solution oriented, with ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Technically strong in own discipline, eager to share knowledge as well as acquire new knowledge.
- Holistic thinker and able to apply own knowledge and skills in new areas.
- Curiosity, an innovative mindset, the interest to learn new topics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and appreciation for working in an international environment.
- Open to transition into one of our business areas in the longer run to apply innovation more directly with customer.
We are waiting for your CV till 12 FEB 2024.
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.