Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Want to develop groundbreaking technology while being inspired by the majesty of nature?
Hydro Aluminium Metal a leading supplier of extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys, wire rods and high-purity aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Technology and Operational Support (TOS) is responsible for technology development for primary production of aluminium. Hydro, as a world leader within aluminium production technology endlessly push the performance of the electrolysis technology towards world-leading low energy consumption and environmental footprint. The challenging work to develop, qualify and manage such technology is the responsibility of TOS. In Årdal, TOS has full-scale testing facilities as well as laboratories where we can bring ideas, theory and academic knowledge into technological solutions.
Areas of responsibilities / role:
You will be part of a team that develops aluminium electrolysis cell technology to secure efficiency and optimal operation, and that implements new technology at Hydro's smelters in Norway and abroad. In your position you will develop mechanical solutions taking a product from start to finish, design for functionality, durability and safety. This process includes idea initiation, design, engineering, follow-up and quality assurance during manufacturing, implementation/testing, follow-up/verification, maintenance and documentation.
We can offer:
- Exciting challenges, teamwork across disciplines, room to influence through flexible and varied working day extending from the office area to the operational floor at the plants.
- The opportunity to work with top researchers and experts in the aluminium industry.
- A friendly and international work environment.
- Active participation in the whole workflow through initiation, planning and execution of technology development projects.
- Project management responsibility, where the right candidate will have the possibility to develop into operational, technological, or general management positions, alternatively the possibility to expand the area of responsibility within the position to cover a larger technical field or project portfolio.
- Possibilities for rotation within your area of expertise and at different locations.
- International opportunities Engage in technical support assignments, project activities, and internships worldwide. through technical support assignments, project activities and shorter internships.
- Spectacular nature and a sound work–life balance.
- PhD or master's degree in mechanical engineering, product development or material science.
- Experience and well-developed skill set within CAD and FEM, preferably Autodesk Inventor and ANSYS.
- Programming skills and data analytics skills (e.g. Matlab, Python, PowerBI).
- Mechatronic experience are of interest.
- Creative, innovative, and curious with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Structured, practical and systematic with attention to details.
- Capacity to work independently and under pressure, while sharing competence and issues with the team.
- Work in teams and collaborate across the organization.
- Good communication and cooperation skills.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, orally and written.
- Flexible with respect to travelling in connection with operational support assignments.
This position is open for both recent graduates from university and for applicants with several years of work experience.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Application Deadline: 22.10.23
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact:
- Hiring manager: Anders Lilleby, +47 91854217
- Recruiter: Magnus Hallerud Christensen, +47 47849693
Hydro is heading in a new and exciting direction, and we depend on different perspectives to solve our tasks and meet customer needs. Building on our three core values – Care, Courage and Collaboration – we target a high performing and sustainable work environment based on inclusion of our differences.
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
Vil du være med på å forme en bærekraftig fremtid?
Med sine 30 000 ansatte verden over og sin tilstedeværelse i en rekke markeder for aluminium, metallgjenvinning og fornybar energi besitter Hydro unik innsikt, kunnskap og kompetanse.
Vi har en stolt historie og ønsker å være ledende i arbeidet med å skape en bærekraftig fremtid ved å utvikle naturressurser til innovative produkter og løsninger. Det er alle våre dyktige medarbeidere som er vår viktigste suksessfaktor.
Klikk her for å utforske vår verden og kjernen i vår virksomhet.