HSES advisor #COWITRY2024
Join our summer internship, COWI Try!
Kick-start your career!
Do you want to elevate your knowledge and gain valuable experience from COWI – a pacesetter in sustainability? Join our summer internship, COWI Try! You’ll work with actual, on-going projects in close companionship with our leading experts on some of the most prestigious environment projects in Norway.
Together with the other COWI Try students, you’ll participate in an innovation project. Working in interdisciplinary teams you will explore new and innovative solutions that push a sustainable development and liveable societies. Former COWI Try students say the internship provides valuable learning in a friendly workplace.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Summer Intern- HS&ES Advisor to join COWI Try. Is this a description that suits you and your background?
- You have a bachelor's/master's degree in environmental or construction engineering, specialization in Health, Safety and Working Environment with one year or less remaining of your studies
- You have a strong interest in your subject and adapt new knowledge easily
- You have good collaborative and communication skills
- You seek for new knowledge and insights
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be working on different projects which may be within:
- Assisting in HS&ES consultancy in large and small projects
- Assisting in preparing risk assessments and HS&ES plans
- Laws and regulations for HS&ES
- Understand about driving the development of HS&ES in digital solutions
We are strong believers in co-creation and think this is a great way for you to test your skills and gain valuable experience. As part of the COWI Try internship, you will get a dedicated buddy who will support you on professional tasks and include you in social activities. We genuinely care about our colleagues and want to create a safe environment for you to grow, develop and succeed. There are no stupid or wrong questions – only learning.
If you want to apply to this position, we strongly recommend you do it as soon as possible. We are interviewing relevant candidates as they apply, so don’t hesitate and apply today. We are happy to receive your application in English or Norwegian.
The COWI Try internship program
- COWI Try is our summer internship for students, which runs from mid-June to mid-August
- The internship is paid
- You will spend 70% of your time working on our ongoing, "real" projects
- 30% of the time you will participate in COWI Try's innovation project, where you develop innovative solutions together with the other summer students
- You get a mentor who guides you through everyday tasks and includes you in social activities
Participating in COWI Try is a great way for you to get to know COWI, the industry and expand your professional network. It is also a good way for us to get to know you, and a possibility for you to start a career in COWI.
Got more questions?
If you have any unanswered questions about the role or what we have to offer, please reach out to Kjell Arne Skagemo, our Head of Section, Environment Fredrikstad, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the company
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and liveable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 percent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers towards sustainability.
We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home.With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, the UK, North America and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy and environment into play.
Equal- opportunity employer
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Våre ansatte er vår største ressurs: Det er våre ansatte som gjør prosjektene vellykkede. Hos COWI får du en unik mulighet til å lære av de beste og utvikle potensialet ditt, og du får delta i å forme fremtidens samfunn. Sammen med lederen din utarbeider du en plan for din egen utvikling, og du får muligheten til å bygge på din kompetanse i både lokale og globale prosjekter fra dag til dag.
For mer informasjon, besøk www.cowi.no/om-oss