Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Head of Department
Project Operations Department
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? Do you want to play a pivotal role in growing the business within energy transition? Are you an experienced leader in the Energy market?
If this sounds like you, or you’re curious to learn more, then this role could be the perfect opportunity. Join our Energy Norway team as our new Head of Department for the Project Operations Department, and work with us to close the gap to a sustainable future.
Your new role
As our new Head of Department, you will head up the Project Operations Department in Rambøll Energy Norway, reporting directly to the Country Market Director in Energy Norway. The Project Operations Department includes Risk and Safety, Project Management and Weight & Cost estimation.
To succeed in this role, you must be client focused, have a proven track record in leading and developing teams that deliver excellent performance that delight clients and collaborators. We have a strong order book, and we need to grow our business rapidly and sound to continue to deliver on our strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead on client relationships, business development, performance of project portfolios, strategic management, growth and development of national and global teams.
- Line management of section managers and team leaders within project management, risk assessment, safety, electrical engineering and weight & cost estimation.
- Develop the services of the department further to meet current and future market and client demands.
- Develop employees through the PDP process with regular 1:1 sessions to ensure the well-being of our employees
- Promote excellent client experience by driving high performance and facilitating project feedback sessions to provide continuous improvement.
- Create a culture of openness and inclusion.
Your new team
You will be part of the global Energy team with large growth ambitions in Norway and worldwide.
With 2000 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design, and implement energy solutions all over the world. We offer a holistic approach to the energy market that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions.
From the moment you start at Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you can continue to grow with the company. Whilst we look forward to supporting your continued learning and development, for this role we have identified some qualifications, skills, and capabilities that will set you up for success.
- An experienced leader with a proven track record leading and developing teams that deliver excellent performance that delight clients and collaborators
- Master of Science degree or equivalent
- Proven track record and experience within Project Management, Risk Management or Technical Safety from the Energy market
- Prince II certification or similar
- Effective interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and written in Norwegian and English.
- Commercial acumen with ability to mentor others to improve project performance.
- Highly collaborative and able to demonstrate success through bringing teams together.
- The ability to motivate and inspire teams
- Self-awareness and the understanding of own impact on team, wider network of stakeholders
- Understands the importance of highly engaged teams, two-way communication and coaching others for performance.
- Strong decision-making skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage project operations effectively.
If you have a background in driving complex energy market-based projects to success and are adept at leading high-performing teams, we would like to hear from you.
What we can offer you
- Investment in your development
- Leaders you can count on, guided by our Leadership Principles
- Be valued for the unique person you are
- Never be short of inspiration from colleagues, clients, and projects
- The long-term thinking of a foundation-owned company
Work at the heart of sustainable change
Ramboll is a global architecture, engineering, and consultancy company. We believe that the purpose of sustainable change is to create a thriving world for both nature and people. So, that’s where we start – and how we work. At Ramboll, our core strength is our people, and our history is rooted in a clear vision of how a responsible company should act. Being open and curious is a cornerstone of our culture. We embrace an inclusive mindset that looks for fresh, diverse, and innovative perspectives. We respect, embrace, and invite diversity in all forms to actively cultivate an environment where everyone can flourish and realise their full potential.
Ready to join us?
Please submit your application. Be sure to include all relevant documents including your CV, cover letter, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to apply! We look forward to receiving your application.
Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a foundation-owned people company. We have more than 18,000 experts working across our global operations in 35 countries. Our experts are leaders in their fields, developing and delivering innovative solutions in diverse markets including Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy, and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a more sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering company. Combining local experience with global knowledge, we together shape the societies of tomorrow.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do
We believe in the strength of diversity and know that unique experiences and perspectives are vital for creating truly sustainable societies. Therefore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive work environment where everyone can flourish and reach their potential. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to contact our recruitment team to discuss any accommodations you need during the application process.
Rambøll er en global samfunnsrådgiver med eksperter innen bygg, arkitektur & plan, transport, vann, miljø & helse, energi, olje & gass og management consulting. I Norge er vi 1500 medarbeidere fordelt på 16 kontorer og internasjonalt har vi totalt 15 000 medarbeidere lokalisert i 35 land. Sammen med våre kunder søker Rambøll mot nye løsninger som balanserer menneskelige og kommersielle behov. Slik inspirer vi hverandre til å se forbi det åpenbare - hver dag!