Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Do you want to launch your career journey in Geotechnics in Energy Systems? We are looking for Graduates to join our team in 2024!
The section Concrete Structures & Geotechnics located at Høvik outside Oslo is part of the business area Energy Systems, region Northern Europe. We belong to the department Structures which is a part of the service area Offshore Infrastructure & Technology. Our department has a leading role within structural integrity related services and our section works closely with other technical disciplines in multidisciplinary project teams in DNV.
We are looking for a motivated, curious, and energetic junior engineer who is passionate about geotechnics and would like to make an impact in the energy transition together with colleagues in other disciplines such as Hydrodynamics, Structures, Marine Operations, Materials, Environment, Electro, IT, etc. The successful candidate will support realize our ambition of having a leading role in the industries we operate. He or she will work in projects at the forefront of the industry, driving innovation and delivering value to our customers.
DNV is now looking for young professionals who are ready to start their journey with us in August 2024.
We are looking for a geotechnical engineer who can strengthen our team. Our section supports a wide variety of industries such as energy islands, fixed and floating wind structures, cables, subsea structures, jack-ups, jackets, pipelines, Ports & Terminals, anchors for floating structures and Infrastructure (both offshore and onshore). We work through the whole life of the asset, from early concept development to operation. Among others, we:
- Advise on soil investigation program
- Review Soil reports and verify soil design parameters
- Review geotechnical design reports
- Perform independent analysis, which can range from simple hand calculations to advanced complex nonlinear analysis, to support our customers manage risks
- Act as client’s rep for offshore site surveys campaigns
- Perform root-cause-analysis to understand what can be improved when things do not go as expected
- Develop standards and best practices and run Joint Industry Projects to support the industry achieve optimal solutions while ensuring structural integrity requirements are met.
- Our section is working with projects all over the world in close cooperation with colleagues across the globe.
What to expect as a Graduate in Geotechnics:
- Be engaged in a variety of tasks related to geotechnics
- Be part of a dedicated and multicultural team
- Be guided by experts and interact/learn from other disciplines
- Work both in our office and in the field (onshore and offshore)
- Have opportunity for assignments abroad and work with colleagues across the world
- Have direct interaction with our customers
- Learn about many different standards and recommended practices
- Performing numerical analyses
Who are we looking for?
- You would like to safeguard life, property and the environment
- You dare, you share and you care
- You would like to make an impact on the energy transition
- You have a passion for soil mechanics
- You like challenges and working in teams
- You are curious
Reasons to work with us
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 6 weeks annual vacation, subsidized canteen, and competitive pension, insurance, and parental leave agreement, in addition to a global profit share scheme.
- Work/life balance: We offer flexible working hours and have a focus on work/life balance for our employees.
- Supportive and caring culture. Our international culture embodies diverse colleagues who value teamwork and inclusion across business areas and borders. You may also join employee associations to establish networks through social and professional activities. Our largest society CONNECT throws after-works and informal meetings all year long for you to join.
- Career and development. The possibilities to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV are extensive. We have a strong company culture with emphasis on growth mindset, competence sharing and professional and personal development.
By joining DNV you become part of a world-leading company whose purpose is to safeguard life, property and environment. You will also be part of a culture where our values “we care, we share, we dare” characterize how we act towards each other, our customers and perform our work.
At our Høvik office we are located in beautiful surroundings by the sea and can offer access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts etc. We have more than 30 activity groups for you to join, as well as gym facilities located on our premises.
It is also worth noting that we offer free parking and shuttle buses from Skøyen, Lysaker and Sandvika.
Interested? How to apply
Please upload your CV, application letter and grade certificate in our application tracking system (iCIMS). All documents should be in English, if possible. Applicants without this information will not be considered.
We understand that you might be interested in more than one of our opportunities for Graduates. In such situation, we would greatly appreciate if you could provide this information in your cover letter and by answering to the screening questions during the application process. Thanks to that we will be able to manage your application in the best way. However, if you do not feel comfortable with sharing such information, we understand it.
Application deadline: 01.10.2023
We are ready to receive your application – so apply now!
For more information about the position, please contact Jan Holme Head of Section – Concrete Structures & Geotechnics +47 930 27 568.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.