Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
- Engineer, Hydrodynamics and Stability
The Hydrodynamics and Stability section delivers a wide range of consultancy services. We pride ourselves at being world-leading for assessment of hydrodynamic loads and their response for a variety of marine structures. Our tight team helps to ensure the safety of floating offshore structures and ships through stability services, from concept studies through operations, conversions and life extensions. We provide advice related to ship hydrodynamic performance, supporting the required shift in our industry to gradually reduce green house gas emissions. Our services are delivered globally, and we experience a great level of trust from our clients.
We currently seek new colleagues who will support service deliveries within one or more of the following areas:
- Ship hydrodynamic performance: Evaluation of the effect of various hydrodynamic measures to reduce vessel emissions, using a combination of simplified methods, computational fluid dynamics and measurements
- Data science: Working with various sources of data, utilizing appropriate analysis methodology to support decision making and generate insights
- Stability: Deterministic and probabilistic intact and damage stability of ships and other floating structures, using NAPA as our main tool
- Wave-structure interaction problems: Use a combination of potential flow methods and computational fluid dynamics to assess local and global loads and their effect on different type of marine structures
What to expect as a Graduate in Maritime Advisory?
Hydrodynamics and Stability offers a strong team that has delivered hundreds of successful projects. We need more capacity, and look very much forward to welcoming forward leaning, curious, motivated and eager new colleagues. We have a lot to offer as a great place to develop within hydrodynamics and stability. In addition to delivering services, you will support in business development, rule development and joint industry projects. We develop, maintain and improve many of our production tools, which means that programming is an important skill and task.
In our section you will work with colleagues across the disciplines and geographies of DNV to develop and deliver projects. You will apply problem-solving skills to develop solutions for our clients. Engineering judgements and practical solutions to problems will be important tasks.
The main responsibilities could include:
- Verification and prediction of vessel performance
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for resistance and propulsion of ships, including effect of energy efficiency measures
- Advice regarding hydrodynamic and aerodynamic means to reduce ship emissions
- Development and application of methodology utilizing on-board measurements to quantify effect of technical and operational measures to reduce emissions
- Various programming tasks and data analysis tasks in close collaboration with domain experts
- Perform stability calculations according to applicable rules for different vessel types using NAPA
- Stability assessment for various offshore structures
- Support clients in calculation of fatigue and extreme loads on marine structures
Who are we looking for?
Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications preferred:
- We are looking for an Engineer; newly educated or some years of experience
- An academic degree corresponding to MSc or equivalent within naval architecture, physics, marine structures, dynamic calculations, programming or similar.
- Experience with scripting, programming
- Good command of English (written, spoken)
- Analytical, structured and digital mindset
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives and drive processes
- Ability to build good relations with the client
- Good team-player
- Willingness to travel
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact: Olav Rognebakke- Head of Section Hydrodynamics & Stability at +47 92234493.
Please apply with the cover letter and transcript of grades attached.
The application deadline is 1st October 2023.
Company & Business Area Description
Do you want to launch your career journey in Maritime Advisory / Hydrodynamics and Stability?
We are looking for Graduates to join our team in 2024!
With almost 12,500 employees operating in over 100 countries, DNV is a leading expert in risk management and assurance. By leveraging our extensive experience and knowledge, we drive safety and sustainable performance forward, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Maritime Advisory is a business unit in DNV supporting customers in the maritime industry globally in their efforts to make the right decisions to achieve sustainable operations and profitable results. The unit employs about 300 consultants and engineers.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.