Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Experienced Energy Markets and Strategy Consultant
Passionate about the energy transition?
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
Are you passionate about the energy transition? Are you fascinated by the Nordic energy markets? Then you might be the perfect candidate!
The Energy Market and Strategy department (EMS) consists of about hundred consultants located in six countries; Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. We want to grow the team in Norway (Oslo) or Sweden (Solna) to 16 consultants, by hiring two experienced advisors.
We advise our customers in the interplay of markets, regulation and technology. We have a commercial mindset, a deep understanding of energy markets and proudly leverage our technical inhouse competences on energy storage, renewables, hydrogen, CCS and sustainable fuels. Our clients are financial institutions, utilities, project developers and various energy and climate focused government entities.
As an experienced consultant for the Energy Market and Strategy team you will:
- Be responsible for managing consulting projects towards clients, predominantly in the Nordics
- Create new opportunities for less experienced team members by driving new sales
- Provide analyses of energy markets, transaction advice to financiers, and support developers of new capital projects in moving their investments further
- Provide specialist input from your area of expertise across DNV’s global customer portfolio and DNV’s in-house Energy Transition Outlook
We are looking for candidates with deep understanding of, and track record in, one or more of the following:
- Economic analyses of energy markets,
- Competitor analysis, socio-economic analysis, investment analysis, business case analysis and quantitative market modelling
- Transaction advice to financiers,
- Market reports & insights
- Market entry studies
- Regulatory and policy impacts
- Technical, commercial & regulatory due diligence
- Supporting developers of new capital projects,
- Techno-economic and regulatory feasibility
- Location screening
- Early phase emission review (life cycle analysis (LCA))
- Commercial evaluation (CRI, TRL)
who can take the role as a project manager and key expert in projects, as well as taking a pro-active role in selling projects to existing and new clients.
What we offer
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- A diversified team with the opportunity to work and develop a mix of very experienced experts and young enthusiastic talents
- A role that will put you in the forefront of the global energy transition through involvement in all kinds of front-running, innovative and early phase projects
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company with presence in more than 100 countries, represented by 13 000 employees around to world, with its headquarters in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
Skills and abilities
- Strategic, commercial, and analytical mindset
- Passionate for the energy transition and related emerging technologies
- Ability to take initiative
- Network in, and understanding of, the Nordic energy markets
- An effective communicator and constructive team player with a “can do” mentality that fits the DNV values: We care, we dare and we share
- Excellent English language skills and preferably fluent in Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, or Danish
- Very strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Master’s degree or PhD. Examples are a master’s degree in Economics, Business or Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of professional work experience in energy advisory
- Experience in one or more of the following capabilities is a plus: power market modelling, business case modelling, life cycle assessment modelling, economic analyses, cost benefit analysis, due diligence.
Please be sure to include a cover letter when submitting your application. If you have any questions, please contact Roel Zwart on +4747651171.
Union Representative's contact information:
Sveriges Ingenjörer: Anna.Berglund@dnv.com
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.