Ignite Your Career - Join Our Team!
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
Do you see yourself as a technical expert in equipment for explosive atmosphere? Join our team today!
Equipment placed in explosive atmosphere, such as in hydrogen generation units, oil & gas platforms, refineries, mines, sawmills, etc., often requires certification for protection against ignition and explosion. DNV Product Assurance AS is a certification body of such equipment, with personnel working out of Oslo and Stavanger offices, and with own accredited test lab located at Oslo, Norway.
We are seeking a skillful, curious and agile engineer in our Ex-team. You will be part of a competent team who are responsible for assessing and testing equipment and components against ATEX, IECEx, UKEX, INMETRO, international standards (EN, IEC, etc.), etc.; the deliverables from us are “ticket to trade” for our customers. This position gives an opportunity to work with and learn about various products and systems used in the explosive atmosphere. You will also interact with customers both external and internal, and actively participate in the section's effort towards efficiency and process improvement.
- Type examination and design examination of Ex equipment,
- Document review for compliance with the requirements,
- Testing of Ex equipment at the lab,
- Witnessing tests and product assessment at Ex equipment manufacturer,
- Guide and offer technical clarifications to customers and DNV local offices,
- Contribute to maintain, improve and streamline our work process and section goals,
- High customer focus.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Vishnu M R Rao, Nordic Manager for PA Industrial, Vishnumurthi.email@example.com +4748070953
What we offer
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including 6 weeks of vacation in total, pension benefits, profit share,
- A meaningful job with one of Europe’s most attractive employers,
- Develop your work experience, perspective, and network,
- Tailor made training and courses with opportunities for own development.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
- You have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably within electrical/electronic engineering. Relevant HAZLOC (Ex) equipment certification experience can compensate for education,
- You have some experience with Ex product certification or verification,
- You have ability to handle several projects in parallel,
- You have good communication skills in English.
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.