Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Engineer - Piping Design
Join Aibel's Energy Transition Journey: Senior Piping Design Engineer Wanted in Oslo!
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer - Piping Design to strengthen our Piping and Layout department in Oslo. As a Senior Engineer you will contribute to Aibel's exciting journey in the ongoing energy transition.
About the position
In this position, you will be given a chance to use your motivational and mentoring skills when leading younger team members. A Senior Engineer has various tasks and assignments but you should identify as a natural leader with a cooperative and respectful working attitude.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Manage a team of piping designers or a multi-discipline team
- Perform general layout evaluations and pipnig layout activities by using Aveva E3D modelling & draft tools
- Evaluate access, working environment and material handling in physical layout and design
- Knowledge and ability to create plot plans, equipment layouts and piping drawings according to project plans and requirements
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 8-15 years work experience, preferably EPC new build and modification on piping design
- Piping lead experience
- Layout and design based on NORSOK knowledge (standards?)
- Experience from HVDC ocean wind platforms will be preferable
- Multi-disciplinary understanding
- Proactively seeking advice and sharing knowledge in design processes
- Loyalty to project deadlines and quality requirements
- Intercultural competence and acceptance for multicultural working teams
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Norwegian language skills are not required but appreciated
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:Department Manager - Piping Design, Mihaela Kamfjord, +47 906 88 315, email@example.com
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 08.10.2023
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project's entire life cycle.