Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Engineer - Noise and vibration
- Graduate 2024
The Noise and Vibration section is internationally renowned and provides services on analyses and trouble-shooting measurements worldwide. We are performing noise and vibration analyses and measurements, mainly on consultancy basis for designers, yards, owners and oil companies, as well as giving support to DNV’s maritime and offshore activities. We are currently seeking new colleagues that will have special focus on one or more of the following fields:
- Propeller excitation/CFD calculations
- Underwater noise
- Vibration/dynamic FE calculations
- Measurements onboard ships and offshore installations
The right candidate will contribute to the success of our team through focus on theoretical calculations as well as full scale measurements onboard ships and offshore units. Troubleshooting and evaluations of full scale noise and vibration issues will be key tasks. The job also includes development of new services and markets. The position will give interesting challenges and a unique opportunity to transform theoretical knowledge into practical solutions, and will also require domestic and international travel.
In our section you will work with colleagues across the disciplines and geographies of DNV to develop and deliver projects. You will apply problem-solving skills to develop solutions for our clients. Engineering judgements and practical solutions to noise and vibration problems will be important tasks
The main responsibilities, including:
- Noise, CFD and/or vibration analyses for ships and offshore structures
- Verification and troubleshooting measurements onboard ships and offshore units
- Domestic and international travel (onboard ships and offshore installations)
- Customer interaction and follow-up
- Manage the financial and commercial aspects of the projects to ensure success
- Promote section and department towards internal and external market
Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications preferred:
- We are looking for an Engineer; newly educated or some years of experience
- An academic degree corresponding to MSc or equivalent within noise/acoustics, physics, marine structures, dynamic calculations, programming or similar.
- Experience with scripting, programming
- Good command of English (written, spoken)
- Willingness to travel depending on the business needs
- Analytical, structured and digital mindset
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives and drive processes
- Ability to build good relations with the client
- Good teamplayer
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact: Stian Andreassen- Head of Section Noise and Vibration at +47 92264398
The application deadline is 1st October 2023.
Company & Business Area Description
Do you want to launch your career journey in Maritime Advisory? Do you want working days combined with office and travel to ships? DNV Noise and vibration unit is looking for Engineers to join our team in 2024!
With almost 12,500 employees operating in over 100 countries, DNV is a leading expert in risk management and assurance. By leveraging our extensive experience and knowledge, we drive safety and sustainable performance forward, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
Maritime Advisory is a business unit in DNV supporting customers in the maritime industry globally in their efforts to make the right decisions to achieve sustainable operations and profitable results. The unit employs about 300 consultants and engineers.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.