Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Contribute to sustainable solutions!
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
About the role
The energy transition is a defining feature of our century. As a key player in the energy industry, DNV forecasts the transition and how it will impact the energy industry and society at large.
The Energy Transition Outlook research program is responsible for DNV’s annual flagship publication - Energy Transition Outlook. This model-based forecast spearheads the company's research activities in the area. The unit is part of Group Technology and Research, which is the strategic long-term research & innovation division of DNV, mostly internally funded.
With a global focus on energy transition and energy security more important than ever, DNV wants to further strengthen our research in this area. We are now extending our team and are seeking a candidate who will have key roles in developing, extending and improving our energy transition research, modelling and outreach.
- Work as part of the Energy Transition model team, to further develop our system dynamics simulation model addressing the world's energy transition, and to develop other associated models.
- Innovate and create new models or sub-models of sectoral or regional energy systems and transitions, continuously improving our work.
- Undertake relevant research on the energy transition providing knowledge and input to our energy models, including the drivers of energy demand, and consumers. behaviour, energy markets, energy technologies, energy security considerations, emissions and climate implications.
- Process and visualize large datasets for input and output data.
- Work with the DNV organisation and external energy experts on technologies, costs, policies, drivers and barriers for energy demand and supply, and transport.
- Document the work, and contribute to the writing of DNV’s Energy Transition Outlook and associated publications.
- Present and apply the results of Outlook in business settings for DNV and stakeholders.
- Interact with energy industry stakeholders, including authorities, finance, operators and suppliers.
- Work with our business units in commercial applications of our work.
What we offer
Reasons to work with us:
Enriching Work Environment. At our Høvik office, we are in beautiful surroundings by the sea and can offer access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts, etc. We have more than 30 activity groups for you to join, as well as gym facilities located on our premises. It is also worth noting that we offer free parking and shuttle buses from Skøyen, Lysaker, and Sandvika.
Embrace Diversity. At DNV, you will become an integral part of an international and diverse team of experts. Collaborate with professionals from different backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, gaining valuable insights and broadening your horizons.
Supportive and Caring Culture. Our international culture embodies diverse colleagues who value teamwork and inclusion across business areas and borders.
Career and Development. Joining us means investing in the future. You will have the opportunity to build a large professional network that will serve you well in your career. We have a strong company culture with an emphasis on competence sharing and professional and personal development.
By joining DNV, you become part of a world-leading company whose purpose is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. You will also be part of a culture where our values, “we care, we share, we dare”, characterize how we act towards each other, our customers, and perform our work.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
- A Master's or PhD degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering, mathematics, or economics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in system dynamics or energy systems modelling, either as PhD studies or other academic / applied setting.
- Experience with construction and use of large-scale socio-economic or socio-technical models, preferably within the context of the energy industry – and excellent level of computer literacy.
- Proven modelling and quantitative skills, including statistics and data analytics, demonstrated by earlier work.
- Knowledge of STELLA or a similar system dynamics software (e.g. Vensim) is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience from the energy industry (e.g. oil and gas, renewables and power, hydrogen, or energy-consuming industries like transport, buildings and manufacturing).
- Vision and motivation for working with energy transition challenges.
- Ability to deliver independent work, as well as to contribute to success as part of a larger team.
- Curiosity, an innovative mindset, an interest in learning new topics and the ability to develop new skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English capabilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and appreciation for working in an international environment.
- Willingness to relocate to the Oslo area.
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.