Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Battery Operations Manager
Do you want to apply your commercial and digital skills in a growing, international company?
We are now looking to hire a skilled and committed commercial and digital enthusiast to join our growing organization. Rein operates distributed energy resources, mostly in the form of batteries, but we also look at other storage technologies such as flow and thermal.
This position represents a unique opportunity to own and drive the commercial ambitions of Rein's Energy Storage Systems (ESS) scale-up. You will manage, supervise, and communicate around the daily commercial operations of ESS in our core markets, such as Germany and Sweden.
You will take the leading role in setting up benchmarks for the commercial performance of ESS revenue streams, connecting your modelling competence to in-depth knowledge of wholesale markets and regulatory frameworks. Central to these efforts will be the ability to fully understand and follow-up on relevant revenue stacks associated with storage technologies in our core markets.
- An international and dynamic work environment in an ambitious "start-up" setting with the necessary support and financial back-up to succeed.
- An opportunity to shape the role and grow your career through professional and personal development.
- Be a part of a business for the future and join us on an exciting journey!
You will spearhead the execution of our commercial ambitions associated with our ESS business, collaborating closely with our technical, commercial, and digital resources.
Key tasks will include to:
- Build and maintain world leading operational excellence by ensuring that our ESS operations are streamlined and efficient.
- Daily follow up the ESS market performance, including performance relative to benchmarks across sources of revenue and/or cost-savings.
- Understand the financial and market-related aspects of ESS to ensure Hydro Rein is profitable and meets revenue targets.
- Analyze market trends, regulatory changes, and statistical models to predict future opportunities or challenges – and further develop our analysis models.
- Collaborate and communicate with partners, such as service providers and O&M operators.
- Help develop long-term plans and strategies for ESS based on market analysis, company goals, and other relevant data.
Who are you?
We believe you are at your best when you work with people in a collaborative setting, which is very much the case in Hydro Rein.
You are triggered by delivering results and meeting customer expectations, setting ambitious standards while achieving set goals.
As we are a growing company in a developing industry, we also think that you adapt and respond well to change, being open to innovative ideas and showing sensitivity to different cultures.
- University degree, preferably at Master's level, in a relevant field
- Strong competence in data modelling, interpretation, and the ability to leverage statistical models to anticipate market trends and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience with relevant programming languages, notably Python, to develop and refine analytical models.
- In-depth understanding of grid, flexibility and wholesale markets, and the implications for ESS operations and overall business case.
- Previous hands-on experience with energy storage systems or related battery operations is a strong advantage.
- Proven capability to craft long-term strategies based on market analysis, organizational objectives, and other pertinent data.
- Experience with industrial loads and/or demand response.
- An inherent drive to achieve operational excellence, with an emphasis on ensuring streamlined and efficient ESS operations.
- Working proficiency in English and German is required – additional Scandinavian language is an advantage.
Position will require regular business travels.
You will report to the Head of Asset Management & Customer Service in Hydro Rein Energy Solutions (EnSol). Location will be in Oslo/Norway.
Do you not meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all qualification criteria. At Rein we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. As a part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background checks.
Apply before: Thursday 10/19/2023 at midnight, CET
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Hiring manager
Annette Buchem, Head of Asset Operations & Customer Service EnSol
Phone: (Norway +47) 90625237
Phone: (Norway +47) 98006451
Vil du være med på å forme en bærekraftig fremtid?
Med sine 30 000 ansatte verden over og sin tilstedeværelse i en rekke markeder for aluminium, metallgjenvinning og fornybar energi besitter Hydro unik innsikt, kunnskap og kompetanse.
Vi har en stolt historie og ønsker å være ledende i arbeidet med å skape en bærekraftig fremtid ved å utvikle naturressurser til innovative produkter og løsninger. Det er alle våre dyktige medarbeidere som er vår viktigste suksessfaktor.
Klikk her for å utforske vår verden og kjernen i vår virksomhet.