Fristen for annonsen har gått ut
Chart your course with DNV!
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence.
As a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
We help enhance the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of our customers in the global shipping industry, covering all vessel types and mobile offshore units. As a partner to industry, we offer services in testing, certification, training, and technical advisory through the energy value chain. That means we’re continually investing heavily into R&D for new services and solutions while proactively assessing what the industry needs today and tomorrow.
About the role
Are you ready for a challenging role that aligns with a meaningful purpose? Look no further! We're on the lookout for individuals who are passionate about making a difference. Here's your chance to join us at the forefront of assurance and risk management, safeguarding life, property, and the environment.
Duration and conditions
- Location: Høvik or Hamburg
- Permanent position
- Local conditions apply
We are now looking for an engineer to strengthen our section for TA/MED Electrical, Automation & Navigation Systems section in Germany or Norway, within the field of Navigation, Communication, Fire Systems, COLREG and PAGA for MED (Marine Equipment Directive) certifications and Type Approval of components.
Type Approval is essential to confirm that the equipment meets applicable requirements and is permitted to be installed on board ships and is based on technical requirements in DNV class rules, international regulations (Marine Equipment Directive, IMO) and standards (IEC, ISO, EN).
Systems that are certified are based on various measuring and data processing techniques. System integration with data networks and challenging HMI aspects are more and more in the focus also of our type approval engineers.
The Approval Centre Europe (M-SA) within Maritime Ship Classification consists of six production departments, located across three different locations (Gdynia, Hamburg and Oslo (Høvik)). The main delivery from the Approval organization is approval, verification and certification services for different maritime related assets in accordance with our rules and international standards.
As a member of M-SA, you act in a professional, competent, and service oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
You will be part of an engaged group driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support our customers through the consistent delivery of high-quality services.
In the position you will:
Perform type approval of components and integrated systems in accordance with international requirements and standards from IMO, IEC, ISO and DNV rules.
Attend testing and perform design review for type approval certification.
Manage approval projects towards customers and be part of testing and verification with equipment manufactures in an international industry, in a highly developing market.
Support DNV’s local stations and sales force around the world and be involved in sales processes.
Participate in face-to-face meetings with customers.
You will report to Head of Section for TA/MED Electrical, Control & Navigation Systems.
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an attractive employer. We are ranked the most attractive employer in Maritime industry by Universum 2021, #3 in the
- Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
- A strong company culture with emphasis on competence development.
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support.
- An attractive total compensation package.
- Flexible working hours.
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international.
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world.
- Well connected by public transport, offices located at Høvik in Bærum or Hamburg.
- Joining established networks within DNV and enjoying after-works and informal meetings.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering, within automation, electronics or computer sciences would be your typical background.
- Experience or interest in the general field of instrumentation, complex integrated systems and HMI, related to topics such as industrial computer/cloud networks, cyber security, automation systems, sensors, electronics, testing and simulations.
- Open-minded and adaptable to technological advancements.
- Interest to work with standards and marine regulations for the ship industry.
- In addition, background from the maritime or offshore/energy industry is preferable.
- Self-driven team player passionate about solving challenges and creating results.
- Ability to build trust, confidence and respect.
- Flexible, service-minded, and with a positive attitude.
- Honest, open, and committed to DNV’s purpose, visions and values.
- Good communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Readiness to undertake travel as an integral aspect of the testing and verification process.
Please upload your motivation letter and CV in English, expressing your passion for Control System approval and how you can contribute to DNV. For more information, contact Frederik Tore Elter, Head of Section TA/MED Electrical, Control & Navigation Systems. (Mob +47 958 85 012).
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.